Lesson One HW is due on September 30th, at 11:59pm HOL time. In order to submit, please send your answers to email@example.com with the Subject “Dragonology - HW1 - (HOL ID)”. At the very top of the body of your email, please put your HOL name, HOL ID, and house. For example, I would put “Dragonology - HW1 - myID″ as the subject, and would begin the body of my email with “myNAME, myID, Ravenclaw”.
Please do NOT send your homework as an attachment. It will not be accepted if sent in this way!
- True or False - (10 points/2 each) - note: (If the sentence is 'FALSE' then correct it)
- Dragons are very aggressive creatures
- Dragons look much like a lizard, at least at first glance
- During the first year of life, a dragon's scales will be very supple and soft
- Dragons have been also described as serpents, reptiles, beasts and demons
- Dragons have also been used in art
- Choose the correct answer (a, b, c or d) - (10 points/2 each)
2)They have wings in order to fly and they also have the breathing ____ ability to attack.
3)Dragons start out as eggs, from ___ feet in length.
a) 1-3 feet
b) 2-4 feet
c) 1-2 feet
d) 1-4 feet
4)The biggest differences in dragons, usually come from different cultures either from:
a) East or North
b) North or South
c) East or West
d) South or West
5)Dragons' eggs, usually have the same:
a) Color as the father dragon
b) Size as the mother dragon
c) Color as the mother dragon
d) Size as the father dragon
- Complete the sentences with the missing words. - (10 marks)
- We cannot put all dragons into the same _____. We have a _____of different dragons.
- A dragon's _____is protected by a leathery outer eyelid and three smooth _____eyelids.
- It seems like dragons are a _____part of our _____history.
- It has a _____body, a long, thick neck, a horned head and a _____tail.
- This kind of people usually agree that it was _____who finally defeated dragons caused their _____.