Lesson Two HW is due on October 31th, at 11:59pm HOL time. In order to submit, please send your answers to email@example.com with the Subject “Dragonology - HW2 - (HOL ID)”. At the very top of the body of your email, please put your HOL name, HOL ID, and house. For example, I would put “Dragonology - HW2 - myID″ as the subject, and would begin the body of my email with “myNAME, myID, Ravenclaw”.
Please do NOT send your homework as an attachment. It will not be accepted if sent in this way!
- True or False - (10 points/2 each) - note: (If the sentence is 'FALSE' then correct it)
- Dragons can be traced back as far as approximately 3000 B.C.
- A dragonlet dragon is venomous.
- One type of dragon, or sea monster, was feared back in the time of St. George.
- In ancient Egypt, dragons were thought to hold the mysteries of the earth.
- The story of St. George and the Dragon, has been told for centuries and the event was even painted by the greatest artist Raphael.
- Choose the correct answer (a, b, c or d) - (10 points/2 each)
d) Eastern Europe
2)Dragons appear most in:
a) myths and middle ages
b) mythes and stones
c) myths and fairy tales
3)The story of a vain queen who almost sacrificed her daughter to the dragon, had it not been for who:
d) none of them
4)Dragons who had 4 toes belonged to the:
a) Ice dragons
b) Earth dragons
c) Sky dragons
d) Fire dragons
5)What kind of dragons were the most respected of all:
a) those who had 3 toes
b) those who had 2 horns
c) those who had 2 tails
d) none of them
- Complete the sentences with the missing words. - (10 marks)
- Dragons seem to have come from _____myths about huge snakes, lizards or other _____.
- When the _____returned home, even he was not permitted inside the _____.
- Another story is about another young man who fought a dragon for the _____of bringing the king's daughter to his master for _____.
- A story that _____from the Middle Ages is about a _____, later called St. George.
- They used two forms of dragons, one used for _____and the other used as a _____.