Lesson Three HW is due on November 30th, at 11:59pm HOL time. In order to submit, please send your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject “Dragonology - HW3 - (HOL ID)”. At the very top of the body of your email, please put your HOL name, HOL ID, and house. For example, I would put “Dragonology - HW3 - myID″ as the subject, and would begin the body of my email with “myNAME, myID, Ravenclaw”.
Please do NOT send your homework as an attachment. It will not be accepted if sent in this way!
- True or False - (10 points/2 each) - note: (If the sentence is 'FALSE' then correct it)
- Chinese dragons control the rain, rivers, lakes, and sea.
- A typical Western dragon can fly and breathe fire.
- Fafnir is a famous dragon from chinese mythology.
- Dragons from the West, are used in ceremonies and parades.
- The Western dragons, are sometimes referred to as "legends of the dragons".
- Choose the correct answer (a, b, c or d) - (10 points/2 each)
c) Black worms
d) Roman dragons
2)What of the following isn't a Western Dragon?
a) symbol of evil
b) symbol of war
c) symbol of fire
d) kind of soldier
3)What of the following isn't an Eastern Dragon?
a) symbol of beauty
b) symbol of power
c) symbol of heroism
d) symbol of danger
4)Who said to have great wings and sharp claws?
a) Chinese dragons
b) Western dragons
c) Roman dragons
d) Eastern dragons
5)The black worm is mentioned in a tale of who?
a) a curious man
b) a greedy man
c) a famous Tolkien
d) a dragon called Smaug
- Complete the sentences with the missing words. - (10 marks)
- This dragon sleeps _____ around its _____ of treasure but it is not big enough to fit around all of it.
- A typical Western dragon can fly and _____ fire. Many _____ describe dragons as greedy, keeping hordes of gold and other precious treasure.
- The Chinese even have a year of the dragon, and it is said that anyone born in this year will be healthy, _____ , and wise, all of the things which the dragon of the _____ represents.
- They also have great _____ and _____ claws.
- The mounted _____ with his loose coat and the burning match at a _____ resembled a mythical dragon.